Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Home Decor

The wait is over! I have been waiting for some time now to purchase curtains for my bedroom. When I purchased my bedding there were no matching drapes, so I have been searcing for some time now for something that would work perfectly.  I FOUND IT! If you haven't shopped on ETSY yet, it's a MUST.  You can find EVERYTHING there. Here is a link to the shop where I just made my purchase Rocky Top Design.











I went with fabric D for the panels in my bedroom and fabric E for a valance in my bathroom.
In case you were wondering, this is my bedding. I sure hope they work as well as I am expecting them to.













So now that that project is complete I have been inspired to start a couple more.  (Shawn is going to kill me.) haha. I HATE the curtains in my living room.  I never have liked them to be honest.  I got them when we moved in because I had to have something to go on the windows.  Now I want something more trendy and cute.  So here is my living room now. 














BLA! The rug is the ONLY THING with blue in it.  EVERYTHING in there is some form of brown.  So... I have decided I want to add more blue by going with something like this:















These pillow choices came from the ETSY store Posh Street Pillows but I am sure that I can find that fabric for my curtains as well.  Then I can head over here and get some coordinating pillows to throw on my couch.  I JUST CAN'T WAIT!

And then there's THIS room.  The guest room AKA Shawn's room. Unfortunately it is going to take a lot more than some new curtains and some pillows to fix this room.  Apparently I was really in to brown about five years ago. I would like to paint these walls a light gray and change the bedding and window treatments completely.  I haven't shared this little plan with the Hubbs yet.  I'm sure he will be thrilled to hear my plans.













Here is what I want to see in there: Yellow and gray.  These fabric choices can also be found at Rocky Top Design and,  I found more pillows with some coordinating fabric that I love at Posh Street Pillow.

























This folks, is why I teach.  I have to have my summers to get all of my projects done around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment