Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Survived! & What NOT to Wear on the 1st Day.

WOW! What a day! It is not yet 6:30 and I have been ready for bed for quite some time.  HAHA! 

First of all let me just tell all of my teacher friends out there... If you were planning on wearing that cute maxi dress that was so comfortable to run errands in this summer, DON'T! OH. MY. GOSH!!! I felt like I was wearing a blanket all day long!  I don't know what happened.  It was so comfy when I wore it this summer but I about died today.  My kids were freezing. 

Before I was burning up, things weren't good.  This morning as I was packing my babies lunch I started to cry.  I can't believe he is in FIRST GRADE!  The time really has flown by.  You would think that it would be easy for me since I am in the same building and know his teacher well but, that doesn't change the fact that he's growing and I hate it.  I miss my baby. :-(  I didn't think I was going to be able to put my makeup on but I sucked it up and got ready.  When I went in to wake him up I said "Time to get up and get ready for your first day of first grade."  He stretched very slowly, lifted his arms above his head and sighed "YAY!".  (Way to rub salt in my wounds there Hunter.)  Then I took him to class and he was all "By Mom." so I cried all the way back to my classroom. 

OK.  Enough of my pity party.  I got it together.  I had to.  It was time for the kids to come in the building.  This day went by so super fast!  One minute my morning class was coming in and the next, the afternoon kids were leaving.  Here's what we did today:


After everyone arrived we discussed the rules and clip chart.
We went to the carpet and introduced ourselves to our new friends.
We went to the carpet and read The Kissing Hand. Parents, be sure to kiss your babies' left hand in the morning before they leave you.
We went over the alphabet chart and sang the ABC's.
We drew a picture of ourselves on the first day of Pre-K.
We went for a tour of the school. (No one got lost!)
We colored a bag that we are going to put three things in that tells about ourselves.
We ate snack.
The morning class had time to go outside. (Afternoon always seems to run out of time)
We went home.

I really have some sweet babies.  I have girls who speak Spanish and I was so worried that they would be upset and that I wouldn't be able to communicate with them but everything went great.  I have a translator for part of the time that they are there and that helps.  They are so sweet!  I am in love with those big brown eyes. :o) 

Sorry, no pics today. I meant to take some of my class but was so overwhelmed with all the supplies that I didn't get at open house and with tears (the kids', not mine) that I totally forgot. Hopefully tomorrow I can take a few. 



No comments:

Post a Comment