Saturday, September 24, 2011

Entertainment Overload!

I decided I better stop in for a quick "HELLO!" since it's been a few days.  Time flies when you are having fun.  And BOY HAVE I BEEN HAVING FUN! Thursday night I got to attend a long awaited concert that I got tickets for quite some time ago.  As always, the band, Third Day was AMAZING!  (If you don't know them, check out the song "I Trust In Jesus") This was, I think, my fourth time to see them.  Every time Shawn and I have gone he leaves sad because they never sing his favorite song.  Of course with a band of their magnitude there is no way they could ever sing ALL of their songs in one show.  So Mac Powell, the lead singer, says "We haven't done this song in a while but someone tweeted and asked me to do it tonight..."  I knew immediately that Shawn was about to miss out.  See this concert was for one of my friends and I along with her son and my little sister.  Sure enough they sand that song.  :) Go figure! Also performing was the band Tenth Ave. North.  We saw them with Third Day a while back and enjoyed them but this time they blew us away!  You could tell that they were there for the Lord and it was so uplifting.  Check out their song "You Are More" if you haven't heard of them.  Opening the show was a new upcoming artist named Trevor Morgan.  Trevor is the next Jeremy Camp! He is amazing and I love his song "Jesus Rides the Subway".  After staying up so late I missed the High School Homecoming football game and stayed home to rest. Which might be a good thing because, skip to today and I just got home from seeing one of my very favorite Disney movies, The Lion King in theatre for the first time in years.  I just don't know that that movie could be any better.  I LOVE IT! I remember watching it with my BFF when we were younger and her singing "Hakuna Matata" till I was nearly crazy.  AND... at the last minute, my mother-in-law and I decided we wanted to take my son to see Disney On Ice tomorrow, so we just bought ring side tickets will be going TOMORROW!  Like I said, entertainment overload! But I love it! It's good clean fun and there's nothing wrong with that.
I've attached some links below to the songs that I mentioned.  CHECK THEM OUT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment