Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Goals for the 2012-2013 School Year

While working on my blog and trying to get it functional I was inspired by the blog Teaching Blog Addict.  TBA ask: What are your goals for 2012-2013?  So here I am taking the first step towards my first goal.
  1. Use my blog! I was off to a good start, with good intentions.  I just couldn't seem to get the hang of things.  So I have vowed to get my blog up and running this summer, while I have the time to experiment.
  2. Create a class website.  I tried.  I honestly did.  But I just couldn't figure out how to get my page uploaded to the Internet.  I'm determined to have one this year.
  3. Get organized and stay that way.  No clutter on my desk!
  4. Have a functional classroom library.  I had a wonderful library in second grade that took me forever to get just the way I wanted it.  When I moved to preschool all of my books were shoved on a shelf where most of them stayed all year.  I have already purchased book baskets from Really Good Stuff and can't wait to use them.
  5. Incorporate The Daily 5.  I LOVE The Daily 5! It was my favorite in second grade and I figure there has got to be a way to use it in Pre-K.
  6. Have a word wall.  I want my kids learning sight words right away.  Even if it is; the, I & a, at first. This all leads to my next goal.
  7. Have readers by the end of preschool! I know they can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment